Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Art Show, Monoprints, and Trees

I listened and I heard the trees speaking of stories long ago...
Copyright 2011 Delorse Lovelady
Art Show
Many local talented artists will be represented at this show. My latest paintings above and below will be included. All paintings in this show are small or miniatures making them ideal for gift giving this time of year.

December 3, 2011 - January 25, 2012

"Miniature Masterpieces and More"

Kaewyn Gallery, Bothell, WA

Monoprints
These latest paintings are a result of experimenting with monoprinting after a recent class with talented artist Lisa Snow Lady. I may post my class paintings later. Monoprinting is an interesting technique and for me will take a bit more practice. It involves transferring and drawing an image onto a painted background. It's challenging trying to determine whether the paint is the right level of wetness to transfer but not totally blacken your surface. It's a surprise to see what you get as a result and moving towards more abstractness.
Copyright 2011 Delorse Lovelady
Trees
Trees are a recurring theme in my paintings. I love their shapes, the colors at different times of the year. I imagine they have been listening to all our stories, holding them, and are repositories like ancestors. They shimmer in the sun with diamond dewdrops, standing elegantly in their roots while reaching to heaven, and whisper to us with the wind.

2 comments:

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

Oh these new works are so gorgeous! Miss you my dear friend...

HeartFire said...

Looking forward to seeing you soon! Glad you like my newest work, very fun!
Delorse