Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Trees, Inspiration, and Art Show

Paying attention by practicing mindfulness, the small moments of happiness are everywhere to be found...
"Morning Joy Among the Trees #1"         12"x12" Acrylic
Copyright 2012 Delorse Lovelady

Trees and Inspiration
I continue my exploration of trees with paint.  There are endless possibilities of shapes and colors and moods.  These two paintings were done rather spontaneously on a Saturday morning, and I hate to admit, but for a painting exhibition with a deadline due the next day.  I don't usually wait til the last minute, but I had been having a particularly bad summer cold (thankfully gone) that affected my eyes.  Maybe it's a reminder to not labor so much on minutia or thinking when approaching the canvas.  Capturing a feeling or moment may be easier when we let go and let the brush and hand go where it will.

The inspiration for these paintings come from a certain walk that my spouse and I take occasionally.  It's a lovely hidden spot, a walking trail with lovely undulating trees along a small running creek.  So as I began to paint, I recalled the crisp air, the colors, the shapes, the enjoyment of the moment of walking with my best friend.

"Morning Joy Among the Trees #2"         12"x12" Acrylic
Copyright 2012 Delorse Lovelady
Gallery North Art Show
Both of the "Morning Joy Among the Trees" paintings will be in this show, do stop by, it is a lovely gallery set in the artsy community of Edmonds:

Plein Air Edmonds - Beauty of the Northwest Art Show
August 1 - 31, 2012

August 16, 2012 - Edmonds 3rd Thursday Art Walk
5:00pm-8:00 p.m
Refreshments will be served.
 
Gallery North
508 Main Street, Edmonds, WA
425-774-0946

Monday-Fridays from 11:00am-6:00pm
Saturday from 10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday from Noon-6:00pm

No comments: