Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Meditations - Sky Breaks Over the Waters and Phillip Glass with a Trip to Edinburgh

Sky Breaks Over the Waters... a quick simple watercolor painting where I sought to capture the skys churning with rain to come over the Columbia River and the Pacific......

the elusive cloud-filled skys are one of my favorite subjects... so therefore, it's perfect that I live in the Northwest....

Below is a terrific You Tube video produced by two brothers Al Meldrum and Ewen Meldrum as a tribute to Ron Fricke who filmed Koyaanisqatsi, as I remember a powerful film. They have very effectively used time lapse to capture the changing cloud-filled skies and scenes over Edinburgh beautifully. And, it is accompanied by music from one of my favorite composers, Phillip Glass (Philip GlassViolin Concerto, 1st movement,Adele Anthony, violin,Ulster Orchestra,Naxos CD 8.554568).

This is one to pull up a chair, get cozy comfortable, take a few deep breathes, let your mind drift along with the clouds and the music and give yourself a few moments of relaxation.


4 comments:

Binky said...

You do such a wonderful job with your blog.
Love the video of the dramatic skies.

HeartFire said...

Thanks Binky, I really love the roiling clouds in this one, then the ending with the focus looking up through the trees with night sky and stars made me think of one of Georgia Okeeffe's paintings.

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

the first painting is so lovely! :)

HeartFire said...

Thanks Tina, it's one of my favorites..