Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Contemplation, Miniature Paintings and Art Show

I am painting and painting and contemplating...
"Contemplation #1 and #2 Diptyph 5"x7" Acrylic
Copyright Delorse Lovelady 2012
Contemplation
Two paintings that go together (or not), using my favorite undulating shapes and a sun. I was thinking about the desert scenes I had viewed in Death Valley last year. I loved the shapes, the soft colors, the faraway look, a place of silence to contemplate and be quiet. This could just as easily be a scene of a faraway sea in the distance, I like that it could be interpreted another way. These 2 will be in the show coming up...

Art Show

I'm happy to present 6 new paintings in this show. There are over 350 paintings by local artists painting in a variety of media and styles in this popular show. Please stop in and take a look, and enjoy the artsy little downtown of Edmonds!

Gallery North
Annual Juried Miniature and Small Paintings Art Show

March 1 - 30, 2012

March 4th Sunday, 1-4pm Artist's Reception, open to public
March 15th Thursday, 5-8pm, Edmonds Art Walk

Trees
Two more paintings in the show, lots of texture in these as I used molding paste, very fun to work with.
"Talking Trees #2" and "Starting the Conversation #2" Acrylic 5"x7"
Copyright Delorse Lovelady 2012

4 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Beautiful new pieces. I love dyptchs and congratulations on the show.

HeartFire said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Glad to have spent time with you at ArtFest and really like your paintings.

HeartFire said...

Paula, it was a pleasant surprise to find you next to me in the workshop, I enjoyed our time too. And I'm so glad I got to go to the last Artfest, even if it was only for 1 day!
Delorse